Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sickness Suckiness

I've been waiting for KliniK to post another entry before I did, but since it appears he's abandoned blogging again I figured I'd do one to try and inspire him.

The Rome Braves had a string of 8 games, one of which was hosted by yours truly. I got a lot of praise for my hosting and think I've figured out what I'm going to do over the next few years. Kayla's leaving next year, so that'll leave a spot open that a few have already told me I should audition for. After that I'll be done with college and looking for a real job, and I want to use my connections to try and get a hosting job with Gwinnett Braves. Gwinnett's AAA, which is only one step under Atlanta, plus one of their radio announcers is none other than Tony Schiavone! Following my time with them, I would then move on to trying to get the job at Turner Field. The cool thing with the Atlanta Braves is they get new field hosts every year, so my commitment wouldn't be very long with them. If all this comes to fruition, I'll undoubtedly be sending my resumé to a certain wrestling company. I just realized how much easier getting a job with WCW would've been if they were still around.

Most of the games besides the one I hosted were no big deal, but like the title of this entry says, I've gotten sick recently. There was some heavy rain on Monday so they canceled (or cancelled) it and played a doubleheader on Tuesday. I was running the Miller Board, which basically means I put clips up on the video screen in the far left side of the field. After pregame it becomes a pretty dull job, and the fact that I was sick and in that press box for six whole hours didn't help matters. The first game was probably the worst baseball game I've ever seen. Our opponents, the Greenville Drive (what kind of mascot is a Drive?), scored four runs in the first inning...and that's it. Neither team did anything for the rest of the game. It just seemed to go on and on and on and on and on and on. The second game was a little more excited, and the Braves actually beat Greenville 8-1. Greenville's ranked #1 in the league so even one win over them in the series is still pretty impressive. I kept joking that the teams must've switched jerseys because the Braves were playing so well.

My friend, Evelyn, came back from Missouri and was actually able to find ballpark nacho Fritos. The only sucky part is I've been sick for the past few days and tonight was the first time I was able to taste their actual flavor. They're pretty good, but I must point out they're actually NOT the same flavor as those NASCAR-shaped Fritos they came out with in the 90s.

I'm off work for the next few days and some of my friends are coming home. All I have to do is get over this apparent cold I have and we should be in for a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment